At Genics Laboratories, we are experiencing rapid growth and we welcome new members to join our team. We are currently seeking highly motivated applicants.
Please email us your resume and a brief cover at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Laboratory Technician
Full Job Description
2. Laboratory Technician
Description: This is a full-time position
As part of our ongoing growth, we have an opening for a full-time Microbiology Lab Technician. Under supervisor or senior technical support direction the Lab Tech for MICROBIOLOGY will process specimens and load them onto testing instruments; assist in instrument maintenance; process specimens for confirmatory testing; archive samples after analysis; respond to inquiries from Preanalytical Services; monitor equipment temperature readings as directed.
- Perform a variety of bacterial experiments and testing in collaboration with other technicians, research associates, scientists, and engineers.
- Responsible for processing specimens for testing and recording test results in an organized fashion.
- Sub-culture bacterial isolates on agar plates.
- Prepare lab supplies and equipment for experiments.
- Effectively communicates project status to supervisor, peers and other staff.
- Assist with a variety of clerical functions such as protocol drafting, data entry, and other support functions as assigned.
- Maintain logs and QC records for laboratory equipment in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory workspace.
- Monitor lab supplies and communicate inventory to Lab Manager.
- Restock supplies and inventory as needed.
- Adheres to all Safety/Health regulatory and state/federal legal requirements and policies, operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or related field with basic microbiology lab experience.
- Must have basic experience in Microbiology, in particular, making microbiological culture media, microbiological sub-culturing.
- Preference for experience in an industrial microbiology or related laboratory environment, such as working in Biosafety Level-2 (BSL-2) rated spaces.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent aseptic technique
3. Laboratory Sales Representative:
- Well developed multi-tasking, organizational skills, and detail orientation are key to success
- Energy, motivation, enthusiasm, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and decision making ability
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, e-mail and internet functions
- Must be able to travel within the coverage area and occasionally nationwide
- As a Entry Level Sales Executive, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing a client base of both hospital and physician customers for MDL
- Responsible for achieving annual sales and profit objectives for a defined territory
- Obtain new business and exceed annual territory sales budget each year by presenting new test information, up selling and seeking out new sources of revenues from clients
- Develop and present personalized sales presentations to professional audiences (physicians, laboratory staff, clinics and group practices); demonstrate how MDL’s technical features and services could benefit the practice and help medical personnel provide quality patient care
- Establish positive long-term client relations through scheduling and conducting calls with clients
- Develop and maintain a full business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all territory management in an assigned geographic region
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, account plans and territory management activities as required
- Work closely with Regional Manager to develop assigned territory in line with company’s objectives
- Maintain knowledge of competitors and their presence in assigned territory
4. Specimen Accesioner
- The Specimen Accessioner will be responsible for performing specimen accessioning, sample sorting and data entry in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment according to established standard operating procedures
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the laboratory to ensure accurate processing
- Open specimens and pour off into secondary containers to prepare for analysis and testing
- Verify patient demographic information matches the test requisition form submitted
- Data entry of patient information into the computer system for tracking purposes
- Meet key production metrics and quality measures to ensure timely and accurate results
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities when required
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Resolve and document any problem specimens
- Handle and dispose of medical and chemical waste
- Comply with applicable environmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Operate automated instrumentation under supervision if necessary
- Would be responsible for distributing sorted buckets of work to the accessioners, splitting cytology specimen, expediting stations, and assisting shipping and TOUCH during rush periods
- Responsible for Imaging all requisitions
High School Diploma or equivalent
- No relevant experience is required
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Must pass standardized color vision test
- Comfortable handling human biological specimens including blood, urine and tissue samples
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, work in protective equipment and sit/stand for long periods of time
- Strong eye hand coordination in order to accurately identify specimens by touch and sight
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work overtime when needed
5. Laboratory Currier
- This position is under the direct supervision of Logistics
- This position is responsible for utilizing company vehicles for specimen and supply pickup and drop offs
- Drivers are also responsible for assisting the logistics team with preparing supplies for inventory and delivery when applicable
- Provide professional delivery service to our contracted facilities
- Report supply requests to the logistics team
- Maintain vehicles including (but not limited to) cleanliness, a filled gas tank, and tire pressure
- Ensure samples remain in appropriate temperatures during transport
- Miscellaneous errands
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 25 years of age
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to handle high work volume accurately at a fast pace and to work independently of supervision
- Must have professional level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain standards protecting client confidentiality
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English
- Must be able to give and receive verbal and written instructions
- Must be comfortable handling biological specimens
- Must possess the ability to utilize visual and auditory senses to complete all job duties as assigned